Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lingerie Secrets' "The Smoothie"--Another TNT Pattern!


The 2010 Blizzard was on its way, barreling towards the DC Metro Region and getting ready to pound us.

I got home from work around 1:00, having been dismissed from work due to the impending storm. The subway trains coming home were "uber"-packed with fellow commuters all wanting to get home ahead of the storm.

I needed to de-stress and fast! A nice easy lingerie project seemed the answer, since I'd just finished sewing the Lingerie Secrets "High Cut Pantie" and was greatly pleased with the results. So-o-o-o, it was Lingerie Secrets' "The Smoothie" pattern to the rescue!


I already had my fabric pre-washed and my pattern cut out, so I got out the fabric, laid out the pattern and cut it out in a little over half an hour. Again on account of having just made the other Lingerie Secrets pattern, I was familiar with the basic construction of underwear, so I started sewing them up right away.

DH and the boys had gone to the gym and about a half an hour into sewing, they called to tell me they were on their way to pick me up and take me out to eat. By this time the snow was falling harder, but still not sticking on the roads and sidewalks as the temperature was still in the mid-30s. After our rather late lunch, we came home; and I started righ back up sewing again.





Within about an hour--voila--another beautiful pair of underwear with excellent fit. And for me, another TNT lingerie pattern. This makes three patterns from Lingerie Secrets that I have sewn with this year and every one of them have been a winner.

I have now cut out two more pairs of "The Smoothie" and one more of the "High Cut Pantie" which are awaiting my next instant de-stress moment and maybe Round 2 of the Blizzard of 2010??!!!

No comments: