Friday, February 1, 2008

2008 Wardrobe Contest on PR

I'm considering doing the 2008 wardrobe contest on Pattern Review which starts today. They've removed the restriction on being a member for 3 months before you start, which was my main reason for not being allowed before.

The contest on PR has basically the following rules (complete rules can be found here):
Make a wardrobe of 10 items :
- 4 bottoms
- 4 tops
- 1 jacket or dress
- 1 accessory

My problem is can I do it and:
- work full-time
- be full-time wife, cook, and mommy
- and keep my sanity!

I've never challenged myself to sew this much before AND I want to sew a couple of things for DS the younger and DS the elder during the contest--no exceptions. So I will wait a few days and keep sewing to see if I can do it.

My other problem is that in getting out my stash, I see that I buy a little more haphazardly than I thought. I wanted to restrict myself to stash only. I THINK I can do the 4 tops and bottoms plus a dress, but we'll just have to see. I've chosen fabrics in shades of purple. You can see the fabrics from my stash that I'm hoping to use for the contest here .

No comments: