Monday, December 21, 2009

Simplicity 4381 --Pajama bottoms


Having successfully made the adorable lobster pj's for younger DS in September, I tried one out for older DS in October and finished them up in early November. I chose Simplicity 4381. These sewed up well. Loved the fly on them and a first for me was piping, which was so-so. I didn't get everything perfectly matched.


Older DS' size falls between a boys size large and a men's size small, per the pattern envelope. My mistake was in picking the men's size small. It would have fit so much better if I had just chosen the boy's size small and graded slightly up for the XL, as the length is much close to DS.
I ended up having to hem the pants at the piping, which minimized its decorative effect. However, older DS has a very nice pair of pj's that can be lengthened for quite some time to come!

1 comment:

TE said...

Just discovered your blog! I'm in Christiansburg, Virginia and have family in NH. And, I would love to get my hands on Simplicity 4381 to make my hubby pjs! I think it's out of print. If you can still get it where you are, will you post a comment please? Maybe they'll mail me a copy. Happy sewing in the new year!