Monday, December 21, 2009

Simplicity 9143






So about 3 weeks ago DH was looking at sales flyers and pointed out a Mrs. Santa apron.



I didn't like it, but rather than just say no, I told DH that I could make an apron of higher quality. He pointed out that I was lacking in a holiday apron; and boy that got the old cog wheels turning. I remembered all the holiday stash fabric I had and all the adorable apron patterns I had in my pattern stash. I decided to get sewing!









This pattern is a vintage pattern, copyright 1989, that I think I got off eBay last year with a whole slew of others. I love all the different views. They remind me of the many varieties of aprons one sees women wearing in the TV shows of the 1950's. I'm pretty sure my grandma had aprons in at least two of these views as well, and I'm not talking about the standard looking barbecue aprons you see on guys!









I decided I had to make view 3, shown above in the red gingham check with this fabric:











I got this reindeer fabric from Trendy Fabrics last year and hadn't figured out what to do with it yet.











This red polyester lining fabric that I got last year from PR member Petalbaskets is an exact match to the red in my main fabric. But oh how I couldn't get it to cooperate with Mr. Iron! It didn't seem to like Ms. Sewing Machine, either; but when I finally got everything put together, it was lovely!






This pattern called for rickrack, which you can kind of see around the pocket below. Perhaps black rickrack would have made the colors pop more than the matching green I picked.



I left the rick rack off of the neckline area, partially because I was a little worried that it wouldn't feel too good against the back of my neck and mostly because I was too excited with my new apron and pronounced it DONE!


I'm ready to cook! Are you ready for me kitchen?





And another picture of me modeling my oh-so-comfy apron!

No comments: