Monday, April 14, 2008

New Class

Tomorrow my new class starts: Beginner's Sewing Lab 102. This is the second in a 4 class series taught by Shannon Gifford on PatternReview.com. I took 101 and liked it so, or should I say sew, I have decided to take the whole series.

In 101, I got ideas about how to organize one's stash and keep up with fiber content, pricing, whether it had been prewashed, what I wanted to do with it, and what notions I had for it or would need for it. Some of my fabrics are impulse buys, but surprisingly enough, I do buy some with a pattern and garment idea in mind. By the time I get to making it, I've often forgotten all this.

Other ideas I got were:
--doing an inventory of presser feet (as I accumulate more, this is more attractive),
--how to figure out how many inches to add to pattern pieces when altering was necessary,
to name a few.

AND, I not only printed all lessons, but saved all files to my flashdrive in case I need to reprint something some day. I am "sew" looking forward to 102 and with all I learned in 101, I can't afford not to take the other 2 classes afterwards!

No comments: