Friday, December 12, 2008

2008 Accomplishments -- A Sewing Success!

In getting ready to make my 2009 sewing New Year's resolutions I wanted to tally up what I'd done this year, in order to see where I need/want to go for next year; and, just because it makes me feel I've accomplished something after spending time tearing my hair out over some technique or step I am currently working on for a project.

I was pleasantly surprised at what I came up with:

1) I started sewing again! (after a 14 year hiatus)
2) I joined PR (on 20 Dec. '07, so I think I can count it)
3) I took 8 classes from PR and now feel so much more confident in my sewing.
4) I reviewed 3 sewing machines and 12 patterns (2 WIP reviews will be posted this weekend after I do the pictures) for PR.
5) I regularly read PR review postings (learned so much) for inspiration and always rated the reviews I read. I started using the message boards and learned how to post pix to PR/web using PR help.
6) I completed 18 sewing projects (counting the tablecloth and napkins and 3 witches costumes I made)!
7) I joined the UFO contest in January and won the oldest UFO category. Maybe not something to be s-o-o-o proud of, but what a wonderful introduction back into sewing!
8) I bravely ventured into sewing kids clothes for my son and some costumes for his school.
9) I inventoried my entire stash and found things I never new I had!
10) I attended the Sewing & Quilting Expo this year in Chantilly.
11) I read several books and took some workshops at the above Expo on fitting and am now venturing into pattern alteration, albeit not too bravely yet. But I am learning not to panic when my pattern is a size off from me, though.
12) I bought 2 new machines: a serger and an embroidery machine and am teaching myself to use them for even more sewing fun.
13) Started my own blog and picture site with Flickr which I learned how to use.
14) I learned SO VERY MUCH!!!!

OK, now I feel great and can start to think of some resolutions that will challenge me to new sewing heights this coming year.

------
Old Stash -- 131.56 yards
2008 Stash In -- 173.341 yards
Stash Given to me -- so far 33.97 yards (still counting)
Stash Sewn -- 7.75 yards
Current Stash -- 331.121 yards
Items Sewn - 18


No comments: