Monday, December 22, 2008

2009 Goals for Sewing

I listed my 2008 accomplishments earlier this month and really impressed myself! LOL! I did not have goals last year as I was just getting back into sewing and wasn't even sure what I could do. After seeing what I did do, I want to challenge myself this year and do a bit of planning.

I will now post my 2009 goals with some specifics in mind:

1) 40 garments or projects! Is it do-able? I'll try. Really, I just want to sew even more than last year.

2) Make a complete inventory of stash. I'll be happy to first get them indexed. After that comes making photos for Flickr and my more PatternKeeper form, which gives detailed information. It goes without saying that once its done, it needs to be kept up-t0-date!

3) Maintain my blog and learn to use it better. Already beginning to do that with this post.

4) Reduce stash! I'm especially concerned about the pre-2008 stash--some lovely stuff just dying to be sewn. Can I reduce it by 50 yards this year? 75 yds? Maintaining parity, i.e. don't buy more than I make and preferably less, would also be nice.

5) Enter any motivating contest available on PR. Includes UFO contest, stash contest, pattern stash contest, maybe several others, too.

6) Improve sewing skills by trying new techniques, reading, and taking more PR classes.

7) Can I be frugal? I'd like to think keeping to stash, including thread, zippers, and other notions, will mean I can be a bit more frugal this year than in 2008.

No comments: