Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sources for non-skid gripper fabric

My pattern for polar slippers came the other day from Sew Thankful.

I was looking at it and then wondering about sites where I might find the gripper fabric that goes on the foot of the slippers. Here's what I came up with:

  • Slipper Grippers from Sew Thankful and shown here in purple. They come in a variety of colors and are supposed to be superior to Jiffy Grip. Now selling at Sew Thankful for $3.99 (regularly $4.50 each). Each package contains two 12" x 14" sheets.
  • Jiffy Grip is a 14" wide fabric. You have to buy a 1 yard minimum for $4.99 (regularly $5.50). Again, Sew Thankful has it.
Nancy's Notions does not have either of these notions at the moment in their online store.

Clotilde's has Slipper Grippers in only two colors: Navy and white. They are selling theirs for $3.98, which seems to be their regular price.

At JoAnns, you can buy a package of 11" x 24" Jiffy Grip for $2.39 online only. They also have a product called Grip-Tight White, which is by the yard (minimum 1 yard) and is 15" wide, for $3.99/yard. This last is categorized under latch-hook rug making, so I'm not sure if its the same thing. They also have the Slipper Grippers available, apparently in all 6 colors?, for $3.99 each.

I'm sure there are lots more sources out there, but for now it appears there are several online sources, and probably my local JoAnn's where I can get these relatively inexpensively.

1 comment:

Roy&Carol said...

How do you attach the non skid, do you make it as your bottom panel? I can't see sewing it on smaller and zig zagging.